Hey Y’all! Tonya Marie, Author of the Transforming Serenity blog so graciously nominated me for the “Liebsterrrr Award”!!!..And unless you’re a blogger, you have no idea what that is haha, but it’s okay. Here’s a quick recap of what it means 🙂
- This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers (generally with less than 200 followers)
- It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, and sweetheart
That totally describes me, aimiright? It’s a way of welcoming new bloggers to the community and passing on the love to other new bloggers 🙂
HOW IT WORKS
This is the point where if you want to know more about me and my blog…keep reading 😉
- I am addicted to chocolate chip cookies. In fact, I’m pretty sure I inspired the cookie monster character on Sesame Street. No lie. My life
- I think my dog, Harley, is the coooolest everrr. If she doesn’t like you…bye Felicia
- I have a step-daughter, Nadia, she’s 10 soon. Crap…does that mean I’m not cool anymore, because I have a pre-teen? OK.
- The beach is over-rated. The pool is where it’s at.
- I was in a sorority in college, Gamma Sigma Sigma at Old Dominion University.
- I try to be funny but most times it’s just awkward. Even when people give me that will you stop talking look, I talk more.
- ^Contrary to #6 I don’t like talking. But I hate silence more.
- I have tattoos and I guess that means I will be unemployable the rest of my life
- I’m moving to Spain at the end of the summer. I’m happy and completely terrified.
- I have been on 3 different continents (~40 cities, mostly in Europe): N. America, Europe (eastern and western), Africa.
- Hey, you’re still reading…THANKS!
I wouldn’t want to read a blog post about myself where I only talked about myself for a thousand words, so I try to make this as breezy and fun to read as it is for me to write. Have fun! That’s the point, right?
1. How did you decide on your blog title and what is it about?
I am obsessed with pinterest, but most of the stuff I find there links back to some creepy persons basement blog or the photos on there are completely unnatural looking. So I figured I could corner the market on a realistic pinterest inspired blog where I bust the illusions wide open. And then some.
2. What inspired you to start blogging?
I did the military thing. I did the college thing. I did the volunteer thing. I did the sorority thing. I did the internship thing basically an employment nightmare (too much life experience, not enough experience in a cubical) with an impending move to Europe. I needed something to do so my dog would stop giving my crazy eyes for taking so many photos of her.
3. List 11 random facts about yourself.
4. What is currently on your “favorite things” list?
- my dog
- my family
- sweat/yoga pants
5. What do you love most about blogging? Why?
No one is telling me what to blog about. It’s by my own rules. No one can tell me what language to use, how many words, rewrite it – it’s not funny or weird or bloggy enough. I write until I’m happy with what I’ve said.
6. What is your ultimate goal for your blog?
I would hope that the people who stumble across my blog or read it regularly would say “hey that chick know what the heck she’s talking about”, that readers can look to my blog for an honest breakdown of a DIY, product, location or recipe. If I do the work myself I won’t “upsell” it – I give it to you straight.
7. What is the most difficult part of writing and running a blog for you?
Networking. It’s so political and time consuming. Sometimes you meet other really great bloggers but most of the time you just meet other people who are only interested in serving their own needs.
8. If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?
- That my family and I would be healthy until the day we die
- That I would never have to read or see another negative news story
- That my husband would have a very successful career
- Because he’s my sugar daddy lol 😉
9. What is one of your biggest fears? Why?
I live it every time I go in public. That people doubt me.
10. If you could do or be anything in the world, what would it be?
An actress. Making people happy or laugh makes being in social situations easier for me. Being silly or acting like someone else is an outlet for me. I moved around my whole life so I always got to play around with my personality when I was a teen, it was fun.
11. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Damn. I hate this question. This is the worst question in the history of questions. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been asked this question. Honestly….don’t know. Does that mean I don’t have any motivation or direction in my life? Apparently. But I disagree, I think it just means I leave my door open for possibilities 🙂
If you made it through that, then I salute you good sir or ma’am. You probably know more about me now then you ever knew you didn’t want to knooow.
Here’s a picture of a cute squirrel
Here Are My Nominees:
Victoria- Victorias Little Blog
Julie – How I sustain
Jessica – Happy Mom Happy Life
Stacey – The Bambi Eyes
Here Are You Questions:
1. How did you decide on the title of your blog?
2. Dog or Cat?
3. Where would you build your dream house?
4. Who is your fashion/style icon?
5. What superpower would you choose and why?
6. What inspired you to start a blog?
7. Which blogs do you check daily?
8. Would you rather live without electricity or live without shoes?
9. What’s your drink of choice?
10. In your opinion, what is the best blog post you’ve written so far? Give us the link.
11. What is your favorite restaurant?
Have a fabulous weekend!